Employer Grants can give employers up to £3,000
Employer GrantsEmployer Grants
Apprenticeship Recovery Package will help support and upskill your staff and business with Employer Grants
There are elements to the Apprenticeship recovery package:
As an employer, you may have had to furlough an apprentice under the terms of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. To help you return your apprentice(s) from furlough, and retain them until 31st March 2021 and on to successful completion of their apprenticeship, DfE will provide incentive payments to employers to support the return, retention and result for apprentices.
The total amount payable under the scheme will be a maximum of £3,700 per apprentice, distribution as follows:
- Return – £500 per returned furloughed apprentice payable for the first full month of paid apprenticeship from 1 November 2020
- Retain – maximum of £2,000 available: £500 per month for up to 4 months of paid apprenticeship between 1 December 2020 and 31 March 2021
- Result – £1,200 for successful full framework achievement of a returned furloughed apprentice
This scheme is open to employers participating on the DfE-funded ApprenticeshipsNI or Higher Level Apprenticeship programmes, who return their furloughed apprentices to work since April 2020.
This incentive is available to all employers to support the recruitment of new apprentices. As an employer, you will be eligible for up to £3,000 for each new apprenticeship opportunity created from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2022. This bonus will apply to all new apprenticeship opportunities and includes apprentices who have been made redundant:
- Payment 1 – £2,000 after 90 days retention
- Payment 2 – £1,000 after 200 days retention from first employment
This scheme is open to employers who take on an apprentice participating on the DfE-funded ApprenticeshipsNI or Higher Level Apprenticeship programmes.
Here what current employers have to say
“Since joining the Apprenticeship programme we have seen a real improvement in our staff retention rate. The team receive training that is tailored to their role within the company. It is a great way to support the induction of new staff.”
Gary Mitchell from Foyle Food Group Campsie.
YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF
AND YOUR EMPLOYEES TO FIND OUT MORE
To hear more about the
Apprenticeship recovery package call: